Electro-cumbia artist DJ Sancho was indicted by a grand jury on indecency with a child charges on Oct. 15.
EverythingLubbock.com reports the 33-year-old DJ and producer, also known as Charles Sanchez, is accused of touching two girls inappropriately. One of them was less than 14, according to an arrest warrant.
Sanchez was arrested on October 9 and was released the same day after posting a bond on $50,000. He had already hired a defense attorney and chose not to speak to officers when he was arrested, according to the Lubbock Police Department.
The Lubbock, Texas-based artist was a rising star in electro-cumbia, one of the fastest-growing music genres. DJ Sancho rose to fame with the release of the hit song “Tokyo Cumbia” in 2013. His most recent release was “Mi Vida Loca” in May.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- La Fiebre celebrates release of ‘Histórico’ album with live-streamed concert on June 25
- Siggno takes top two spots of Latin Singles chart with both versions of ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021
- Bean & Chisme duo debut ‘Hoodrat Cumbia’ music video