A ceremony to place a custom monument at the gravesite of late Tejano icon Jimmy Gonzalez will take place on Saturday, Oct. 12.
Fans, family and friends are invited to the event at Buena Vista Burial Park in Brownsville, Texas, located at 5 McDavitt Boulevard, at 5:00 p.m.
A post on the Jimmy G Forever Facebook page announced the event on Monday. “After a year of planning we are so grateful to announce the following: Join us as we formally unveil Jimmy’s resting place uniquely created by Jimmy’s family and the well known Tim Morris, aka Cemetery Tim. Your presence is appreciated.”
Morris owns a headstone company in Toppenish, Washington, providing families with personalized headstones, tombstones, memorials, monuments and more. He created custom headstones for late rapper Eric “Eazy-E” Wright and Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes of hip-hop group TLC.
“I have been working with the Gonzalez family to create Jimmy Gonzalez a true tribute, one that will reflect his musical career that stretched over three decades,” said Morris.
Gonzalez was a pioneer, a legend and a multiple Grammy Award winner that achieved international acclaim as co-founder of one of the most successful Tejano groups ever, Mazz. He died of cardiac arrest in June 2018 at the age of 67.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration
- Award-winning radio personality Monica Peña joins Tejano Nation as contributor
- Liz Garcia pays tribute to late cousin with ‘Ay Javier’ music video
- Brenda Martinez Launches Sweet Sessories Online Boutique