A ceremony to place a custom monument at the gravesite of late Tejano icon Jimmy Gonzalez will take place on Saturday, Oct. 12.
Fans, family and friends are invited to the event at Buena Vista Burial Park in Brownsville, Texas, located at 5 McDavitt Boulevard, at 5:00 p.m.
A post on the Jimmy G Forever Facebook page announced the event on Monday. “After a year of planning we are so grateful to announce the following: Join us as we formally unveil Jimmy’s resting place uniquely created by Jimmy’s family and the well known Tim Morris, aka Cemetery Tim. Your presence is appreciated.”
Morris owns a headstone company in Toppenish, Washington, providing families with personalized headstones, tombstones, memorials, monuments and more. He created custom headstones for late rapper Eric “Eazy-E” Wright and Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes of hip-hop group TLC.
“I have been working with the Gonzalez family to create Jimmy Gonzalez a true tribute, one that will reflect his musical career that stretched over three decades,” said Morris.
Gonzalez was a pioneer, a legend and a multiple Grammy Award winner that achieved international acclaim as co-founder of one of the most successful Tejano groups ever, Mazz. He died of cardiac arrest in June 2018 at the age of 67.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Los Arcos Hermanos Peña to be Official Showcase Artists at 2022 Folk Alliance International Conference in Kansas City
- Eric Lee presents a virtual experience with ‘Wasabi’ visual from ‘Toda La Noche’ EP
- Tejano Conjunto Festival celebrates 40th anniversary with live music, film festival + more in San Antonio on May 16-22
- Country Music Legend’s Death Spurs Conversation on Lethal Means Safety, Mental Health, and Suicide
- Veteran Owned Coffee Company Taps Into Tejano Culture