Country and Tejano music artist Lou Mata IV, aka “Young Gun,” released a cover of “Cowboy Cumbia,” for his latest single.
The 1998 hit song was originally performed by Tejano singer Javier Molina. Mata’s version was recorded and produced by four-time Grammy nominee Jonny Martinez and was mastered by Tony Gonzalez, a two-time Grammy Award winning engineer, and Mata’s manager, Maribel Alkek.
“We are very pleased with the outcome of this much anticipated song,” said a press release from Alkek Music Group. Mata will continue his path in the Tex-Mex world of music and is currently working on completing his next album.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
LISTEN: Lou Mata IV – “Cowboy Cumbia”
- Michigan family restores rare recordings of father’s Tejano music
- Sonja De La Paz premieres colorful video for ‘Contigo’
- Virginia y Valor debuts with ‘Amor Mio’ album
- Patsy Torres addresses fake news in today’s society with ‘Noticias Falsas’
- Tejano event promoter Jim Luna tests positive for COVID-19, upcoming events tentative