Country and Tejano music artist Lou Mata IV, aka “Young Gun,” released a cover of “Cowboy Cumbia,” for his latest single.
The 1998 hit song was originally performed by Tejano singer Javier Molina. Mata’s version was recorded and produced by four-time Grammy nominee Jonny Martinez and was mastered by Tony Gonzalez, a two-time Grammy Award winning engineer, and Mata’s manager, Maribel Alkek.
“We are very pleased with the outcome of this much anticipated song,” said a press release from Alkek Music Group. Mata will continue his path in the Tex-Mex world of music and is currently working on completing his next album.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
LISTEN: Lou Mata IV – “Cowboy Cumbia”
- Siggno takes top two spots of Latin Singles chart with both versions of ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021
- Javier Galvan remains hospitalized in critical condition days after fatal crash
- Governor Abbott Announces El Paso Designated As Music Friendly Community