“Friends and Family this is the hardest thing I have ever faced in my life and words cannot express the amount of anger, sadness and pain we are feeling right now,” Lopez wrote. “We need God’s strength. My husband and best friend Mario Vigil has been diagnosed with Colon Cancer and we will start chemotherapy soon. I’m completely broken inside and I’m asking for prayer that we can get through this. Please share and start a prayer chain for us, God is good and he WILL answer our prayers!”
Vigil remains in an Austin hospital as the musician was admitted about a week ago and had surgery on January 31.
Many Tejano stars and friends have sent thoughts and prayers to Vigil has he embarks on this journey with chemotherapy soon. The musician has played with many Tejano bands including Gary Hobbs, Jay Perez and Ruben Ramos.
Vigil and Lopez were married in November 2017. He also produced her debut album Pegue Un Grito.
Tejano Nation will keep you updated on Vigil’s condition as more details become available.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Tejano Conjunto Festival celebrates 40th anniversary with live music, film festival + more in San Antonio on May 16-22
- Country Music Legend’s Death Spurs Conversation on Lethal Means Safety, Mental Health, and Suicide
- Veteran Owned Coffee Company Taps Into Tejano Culture
- Tejano Next Generation Artists Participate in Donation of Instruments to San Antonio High School Conjunto Program
- Jarritos and Rodri Entertainment Launch Mariachi USA Talent Search