“Friends and Family this is the hardest thing I have ever faced in my life and words cannot express the amount of anger, sadness and pain we are feeling right now,” Lopez wrote. “We need God’s strength. My husband and best friend Mario Vigil has been diagnosed with Colon Cancer and we will start chemotherapy soon. I’m completely broken inside and I’m asking for prayer that we can get through this. Please share and start a prayer chain for us, God is good and he WILL answer our prayers!”
Vigil remains in an Austin hospital as the musician was admitted about a week ago and had surgery on January 31.
Many Tejano stars and friends have sent thoughts and prayers to Vigil has he embarks on this journey with chemotherapy soon. The musician has played with many Tejano bands including Gary Hobbs, Jay Perez and Ruben Ramos.
Vigil and Lopez were married in November 2017. He also produced her debut album Pegue Un Grito.
Tejano Nation will keep you updated on Vigil’s condition as more details become available.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- BuzzBallz Chili Mango is here, and the name says it all
- Former Los Desperadoz vocalist Eric Lee shares an update on his solo project
- Latin Grammy-winning musician and producer Lorenzo ‘Papo’ Banda recovering after COVID-19 diagnosis
- Dark Horse Institute launches Composition and Songwriting Program
- Crystal Torres releases ‘El Amor Que Siento Por Ti’ from upcoming sophomore album