Young singing sensation Mia Garcia will be honored by Mayor Steve Adler with “Mia Garcia Day” on Thursday, October 5, 2017 at City Hall in Austin, Texas.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott and First Lady Cecilia Abbott will also be in attendance as the Mia will be honored as a musician and as a young Texan highlighting the best of the Lone Star State.
The 10-year-old singer is also scheduled to perform her latest single, “Boom Boom Boom,” around 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, 301 W 2nd Street in Austin. After performing for the Mayor and Council members Mia will receive a Proclamation.
Austin City Council meetings air live on Time Warner Cable Channel 6, AT&T U-Verse Cable Channel 99 and online via the city’s communications website, ATXN: www.atxn.tv
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, @TejanoNation, for the latest Tejano music, news and entertainment.
- Tejano Super Jam Features Superstar Lineup This Summer in Pearland
- Arhoolie Foundation receives NEA grant to establish Lydia Mendoza virtual museum
- James Arreola of Los Palominos opens up about Uvalde tragedy one year later
- Victoria Barajas continues the family music legacy of Conjunto Baraja de Oro
- My Cultura Announces Second Season of “In Our Own World” Podcast with Emily Estefan and Gemeny Hernandez
0 comments on “Ten-year-old singer Mia Garcia to be honored by City of Austin on Oct. 5”