Fiesta de la Flor presented by CITGO in Corpus Christi, Texas, celebrates the life and legacy of Tejano Music Queen, Selena.
2017 marks the third year of Fiesta de la Flor presented by CITGO in Corpus Christi, Texas celebrating the life and legacy of Tejano Music Queen, Selena. If you thought years one and two were great, year three promises to be even better! Get excited for these obsession-worthy Fiesta de la Flor features!
- Take a photo with the Madame Tussauds Hollywood Selena Wax Figure!Get up close and personal with La Reina herself in the Art Museum of South Texas. Make sure you get the chance to take a selfie with the Selena wax figure in the town she called home. In partnership with Madame Tussauds Hollywood, the Selena wax figure will make its journey to Selena’s hometown and be a part of Fiesta de la Flor.
- Special Appearances by Jackie and JackieCatch guest appearances by Jackie Cruz of Netflix hit show Orange is the New Black and Emmy Award-winner Jackie Guerra, who played Suzette in the Selena movie. Yes…La Flaca and “Suzette” are coming to Fiesta de la Flor!
- The Selena Silent Disco is back at Fiesta de la Flor in 2017!Get your Bidi Bidi Bom Bom on to all of your favorite Selena songs. Never heard of a silent disco? That’s because it’s silent…well, kind of. Grab a pair of headphones and dance the night away con tanto amor while El Dusty spins the very best of La Reina.
- AB makes a returnEnjoy the sounds of AB Quintanilla y Elektro Kumbia when the band headlines Saturday night at Fiesta de la Flor. That’s right…the original bass player in Selena y Los Dinos and the brother of La Reina is coming back to close out the festival!
- El Mercado is expandedPresented by attorneys Herrman & Herrman, El Mercado, offers international shopping, local art vendors and unique finds all in one location. Find more than 80 artisans from Mexico, Central America, South America and within the United States. Located inside the American Bank Center, El Mercado offers festival goers the opportunity to cool off in an authentic international market place.
- Catch the FREE Selena movie screening! For fans that do not have a ticket to Fiesta de la Flor, Ride In Theater hosts a free outdoor moving showing of Selena The Movie on the side of the Selena Auditorium. The best things in life are free, right?! Selena fans (and festival attendees) can sit right outside the festival boundaries and experience an interactive movie-viewing experience like no other.
- Beverages everywhere!No need to wait in line, beer vendors will come to you … if you’re on the lookout! Keep an eye out for the Hawkers selling iced-cold refreshments all over the festival site. If you’re looking for that high quality H2O, stop at one of the free water stations throughout the festival.
- Breathtaking fireworks over the Corpus Christi Bay.The icing on the cake! Cerrando con un broche de oro! The cherry on top! The grand finale of Fiesta de la Flor is the spectacular fireworks show presented by H-E-B. Friends and family gather together to close out a wonderful weekend of celebrating the life and legacy of Selena, the breathtaking display of fireworks over the Corpus Christi Bay.