Fiesta de la Flor, presented by CITGO, is a two-day festival celebrating the life and legacy of the Queen of Tejano music, Selena. The Corpus Christi Convention & Visitors Bureau (CC CVB) announced the details for the third annual festival at North Bayfront Park in downtown Corpus Christi.
On Friday, March 24, performers include Finding Friday, Jimmy Gonzalez y Grupo Mazz, Megan Chapa and multi-Grammy Award winner La Mafia. Saturday, March 25, entertainment will once again include Finding Friday, B-Side Players, Isabel Marie, David Marez, Las Fenix, Tejano favorite Pete Astudillo, Adalberto and The Latin Breed, and Grammy Award winner A.B. Quintanilla y Elektro Kumbia .
This year’s Fiesta de la Flor will feature new and exciting experiences, including Madame Tussauds Hollywood wax figure of Selena, guest appearances by Jackie Cruz of Netflix hit show Orange is the New Black and Emmy Award-winner Jackie Guerra, who played Suzette in the Selena movie.
Other festival features will include:
- El Mercado, presented by attorneys Herrman and Herrman, PLLC, will feature more than 80 artisans from Mexico, Central America, South America and within the United States. El Mercado will be located inside the spacious American Bank Center to showcase the art, clothing and accessories all crafted by the talented hands of national and international artisans. Herrman and Herrman has been a staple of the Coastal Bend for nearly two decades and they are excited to give back to the community that they serve through this festival.
- La Plaza, presented by Stripes, will offer a variety of dishes from dozens of food truck vendors that will be on-site serving festival-goers. Stripes will have the opportunity to showcase its very own food trucks featuring delicious menu items from their in-house provider of fresh Tex-Mex food, Laredo Taco Company.
- El Parque, will be a kids zone with a variety of immersive experiences that will bring hours of delightful family fun.
- Social Media Wall, presented by The Outlets at Corpus Christi Bay, will be the go-to place for all Fiesta de la Flor festival happenings — much like The Outlets at Corpus Christi Bay is the go-to place for fashion and a new shopping experience in Corpus Christi.
- The Art Museum of South Texas serves as a perfect place to give attendees at Fiesta de la Flor the opportunity to truly celebrate Selena – who she was and how her continues to mesmerize new legions of fans today. Fiesta de la Flor – in keeping with its mission to honor her life and legacy – will take the opportunity in the 2017 festival to give fans a Selena experience like no other. Fans will immerse themselves with Selena videos, pictures and music as they go through the Art Museum that leads to the ultimate engagement Selena selfie opportunity-Madame Tussauds Hollywood Selena wax figure. In partnership with Madame Tussauds Hollywood, the Selena was figure will make its journey to Selena’s hometown and be a part of Fiesta de la Flor.
- Just outside the Art Museum, the evening sky will light with glow sticks, a light show and video for a Friday and Saturday night Silent Disco experience.
- For fans that do not have a ticket to Fiesta de la Flor, Ride in Theater hosts a free outdoor moving showing of Selena, the movie, on the side of the Selena Auditorium. At no charge, Selena fans (and festival attendees) can sit right outside the festival boundaries and experience an interactive movie-viewing experience like no other.
- Expanded beverage offerings, provided by L&F Distributors, including multiple on-site Cerveza Stations. As the leading Anheuser-Busch distributor in South and West Texas and southeastern New Mexico, L&F Distributors is a generous supporter of the Corpus Christi community.
- A fireworks grand finale illuminating the Corpus Christi Bay presented by H-E-B. For more than 100 years, H-E-B has been giving back to its communities and we thank them for their support of Fiesta de la Flor.
“We are excited about the elements that have been added to enhance the visitor experience at this year’s Fiesta de la Flor,” said Paulette Kluge, CEO of the CC CVB. “We look forward to another successful event that celebrates our beautiful Selena as well as welcoming visitors from all over the world.”
Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. Friday, March, 24 and noon Saturday, March 25 at North Bayfront Park in downtown Corpus Christi. Daily General Admission tickets will be available for $10.00 or $15.00 for a two-day pass per festival-goer. Children 7 and under will receive complimentary admission. Tickets will go on sale January 26, 2017 via TicketFly.com, (https://www.ticketfly.com/org/4771 ). Festival goers wishing to purchase tickets in person can get tickets starting in February at select H-E-B Business Centers across the state and at The Outlets of Corpus Christi Bay in March.