Los Angeles, CA – LATINAFest, the largest outdoor festival on the West Coast celebrating all things Latina, announced today the participation of Dolores Huerta, civil rights activist and Founder and President of the Dolores Huerta Foundation, at their 5th annual extravaganza. On Sunday, March 19th, in celebration of Women’s History Month, LATINAFest will highlight and honor Ms. Huerta’s work and the impact it has had on younger generations. This year LATINAFest welcomes back Chase as their title sponsor.
“We are thrilled to have Dolores at this year’s LATINAFest! She represents everything that LATINAFest stands for,” said LATINAFest co-founders Naibe Reynoso and Bel Hernandez. “Strength, unity, and passion are the pillars by which LATINAFest prides itself on, and Dolores is all that and so much more.”
In five years, LATINAFest has brought together a community of women who are culturally driven decision makers, bi-lingual, bi-cultural, and multi-generational Latinas, who are embracing their power, as their impact has grown exponentially. Hosting the event will be local TV and radio personalities, Telemundo 52’s Acceso Total Show host Elva Saray; Cali 93.9’s Carolina Marquez; entrepreneur Krystal Bee; Actress/Influencer Lizza Monet Morales; and DJ Royelle. At the heart of LATINAFest are the over 100 vendors including Afro-Latina hair products Curly Delight, Mija Fitness boxing for women, sustainably-sourced jewelry Grl Collective, imported leather goods Mexichic Crafts; and fashion MayCrazyLifestyle and so many others.
Each year, LATINAFest gets bigger and better and this year is no exception. With an amazing lineup including special appearances, performances, and activities, there is truly something for everyone. Event-goers can expect a fun-filled day kicking off the festivities with LATINAFest founders who will be joined by Los Angeles Clippers Cheerleaders, actors, influencers, sponsors, and community partners all channeling their “SuperLatina” powers as they enter the gates at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes to “get the party started”. Other highlights include:
- Early Morning Yoga with the Tree Yoga Cooperative sponsored by AARP
- TheTRENDTalk Show Live Taping of the Spotlighting Latina Entrepreneurs panel with Silvana Montenegro, Global Head of Advancing Hispanics & Latinos JPMorgan Chase and Latina Entrepreneur and Chase Mentee Sonia Smith Kang interviewed by Naibe Reynoso and Bel Hernandez
- Live Taping of Latinas: Sembrando and Cultivating Our Future with Dolores Huerta, and Flor Martinez Zaragosa, Farmworker Rights Activist, Celebration Nation moderated by Telemundo 52’s Elva Saray
- TheTRENDTalk Show Live Taping: Latina Superheroes in Media with special guest actress Lorena Jorge who portrays superhero Cascada on Disney Channel’s Ultra Violet and the Black Scorpion TV series, and Latina Superhero comic book writer Kaden Phoenix, interviewed by Lizza Monet Morales
- Telemundo will have a “Mujeres Imparables” positive affirmation station with giveaways to reinforce the importance of strong self-esteem
- Barbie giveaways
- $5K Hero Women Rising Entrepreneur Grant Winner Announcement
- Author’s Corner featuring local Authors and Book Signings
- Sip and Paint Activation
- L.A. Clippers Sports Activation
- Kids Zone (Arts & Crafts, Parent and Me Sound Bath)
- Wellness Zone/Magia Zone
- 360 “Superhero” Photo Opps
- Food Court with culinary delights and dessert
- Empowerment “SuperHero” Fashion Show
- Reggaeton Dance Lessons
- Cocktail Garden
LATINAFest is grateful to all their sponsors for their commitment to championing Latina entrepreneurs and the Latino community as a whole, beginning with Chase, title sponsor for the third consecutive year; Kids Zone Sponsor Barbie; Los Angeles Clippers; the office of L.A. County Supervisor Hilda Solis; Media Sponsor Telemundo 52; Parking Sponsor KIA; Dream Team Hierarchy; Yoga Sponsor AARP; and 360 photo booth sponsor Hispanic Coalition of Small Businesses. In-kind sponsors include Red Bull, MVA Academy, The Thirsty Horse, BoHo Paradise Events, Aulani, Mexican American Vintners Association, and Gouda Charcuterie Boards.
LATINAFest is also proud to be collaborating with Community Partners: Tree Yoga Cooperative, School on Wheels, Celebration Nation; VIP Partners: KLVE Morning Show Host Fernanda Kelly, Tamarindo Podcast Host Brenda Gonzalez, LATV’s PINKafe Host Carolina Trejos, KOST 104.3 Producer Darlene Rodriguez; And LATINAFest Ambassadors: Actress Julie Carmen, Entrepreneurs Patricia Perez of VPE and Oralia Michel of Omagen PR. This year, LATINAFest has partnered with JiveLive Entertainment on the production of the event.
Tickets for LATINAFest are available to purchase online. General Admission tickets are $10 and children under 12 years old are free. For more information about LATINAFest and to purchase tickets, please visit: www.LATINAFest.net
For breaking Tejano news follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel for exclusive artist interviews. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
Jesse Turner of Siggno gives aspiring young accordionist lessons in streets of Lubbock
The Latin Grammy winner shared his squeezebox knowledge with young fan
Destiny Navaira shares behind the scenes photos of ‘Eclipse’ music video
The Latin Grammy-nominated singer will pay tribute to iconic songs written by her father with upcoming project
Tajin and Bud Light deliver on fans popular request and introduce new Bud Light Chelada Tajín Chile Limón
The #1 chili lime seasoning and the #1 best-selling beer brand in the U.S. market announce new collaboration that brings a flavor-bursting Chelada to the market
0 comments on “Civil Rights Activist Dolores Huerta to be Honored at the 5th Annual LATINAFest in Observance of Women’s History Month”