The 41st annual Tejano Music Awards was a virtual event for the second straight year and the “Biggest Night in Tejano Music” was filled with past performances and music videos while announcing winners in the 10 music categories.
The TMAs, produced by Texas Talent Musicians Association, was broadcast only in San Antonio by WOAI-TV News 4, a Sinclair Broadcast Group station, and hosted by syndicated television personalities Kimberly Crawford and Esteban Solis from “Daytime with Kimberly & Esteban,” a show that airs in select Texas markets by Sinclair.
The two-hour show featured past TMA performances from Solido, DJ Kane, Stefani Montiel with Savannah Votion and La Calma, Elida Reyna Y Avante, Magali Delarosa, and a classic 1990 TMA performance from Selena Y Los Dinos. The program displayed music videos from Shelly Lares, Roger Velasquez & The Latin Legendz featuring Jesse Borrego, Sunny Sauceda, AB Quintanilla & Kumbia Kings, Ramon Ayala, and a tribute to late Tejano icon Jimmy Gonzalez.
The 41st Tejano Music Awards will replay next week on select Sinclair Broadcast Group Texas television stations in the cities of El Paso, San Angelo, Corpus Christi, Abilene, and Harlingen. Check local listing for date and time.
Full list of nominees and winners for 41st Tejano Music Awards:
Entertainer of the Year: Eddie Gonzalez — WINNER!
Male Vocalist of the Year
- Eddie Jimenez — Da Krazy Pimpz
- Ismael Gutierrez
- Jimmy Lee
- Jonny Martinez
- Stevie D — WINNER!
Female Vocalist of the Year
- Destiny Navaira — WINNER!
- Patsy Torres
Best New Artist Male
- Emanuel J — WINNER!
- Marcus Daniels
- Ray Ray
- Rene Rodriguez
Best New Artist Female
- Liz Garcia — WINNER!
- Shevie Love
Best New Artist Group
- El Dorado Band
- La 45
- Los D Boyz
- Marcus Daniels Y Algo Suave
- South TX Homies — WINNER!
Album of the Year – Tejano
- Familia (Jessy Serrata Tribute) — Jimmy Lee & Friends
- Dame Tu Corazon — Patsy Torres — WINNER!
- Estamos Unidos — Stevie D & The All Star Cast
- La Prefereida — Destiny Navaira
- Pura Vida — Severo Y Grupo Fuego
Album of the Year – Conjunto
- A La Pista A Bailar — Da Krazy Pimpz — WINNER!
- Back To Basics — Jonny Martinez y Grupo Bravo
- El Soltero — Los Monarca de Pete y Mario Diaz
- Hace Un Ano — Los Volcanes de Eddie Rodriguez
- Ya Volvio La Palomito — Los Cucuys de Rodney Rodriguez
Song of the Year
- “Alas Rotas” — Elida Reyna Y Avante
- “Tu” — Jay Perez — WINNER!
- “Salsipuedes” — Shelly Lares
- “Tu No Sabes” — Monica Saldivar
- “Irremediable” — Stevie D
Collaboration of the Year
- “No Vale La Pena” — The Mavericks ft. Flaco Jimenez — WINNER!
- “Quiero Ser Tu Jardinero” — Ismael Gutierrez ft. Tony Barragan
- “Solos” — Severo Y Grupo Fuego ft. Jenna
- “Un Rinconcito En El Cielo” — Jonny Martinez ft. Eddie Gonzalez
- “Enterame En Tejas” — Roger Velasquez ft. Sunny Sauceda
Video of the Year
- “Vuela Conmigo” — South TX Homies
- “Poder Vivir” — The Mavericks
- “La Ultima Vez” — Stevie D & The All Star Cast
- “Ven, Ven, Ven” — Ray Ray — WINNER!
- “Revolucion” — Monica Saldivar
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
The Grammy-winning group released the lead single from highly-anticipated album due out this fall.
SESAC Latina awarded the most played songs of the year and prestigious awards to its affiliated songwriters and publishers.
The Cheech Marin Center for Chicano Art & Culture aims to be the hub and destination for Chicano art throughout the United States.