Ceci Zavala released her debut single, “Tik Tok”, on Sept. 25, an electrocumbia version of the 2009 hit song originally recorded by pop star Kesha.
Zavala emerged on the scene last year as part of two collaborations with electrocumbia artist Cesar K-oso, including a cover version of “The Middle” from Zedd, country singer Maren Morris and duo Grey, and “Donde Que Quiera Estés,” the 1994 duet originally recorded by late Tejano icon Selena and the Barrio Boyzz.
“It’s a cover, it’s a cumbia, kind of like ‘The Middle’, how we made it electrocumbia,” Zavala tells Tejano Nation. “It’s in English and we put of course our twist on it and it’s a real fun song.”
The track was produced by Jorge “El Guero” Hernandez and Carlos Alvarez at Big Trax Studios with vocals engineered by Eddie Perez of La Calma. Zavala plans to release more singles over the next few months, including her first music video for her solo debut single.
The San Antonio singer recently starred on the premiere of Sing On!, the singing competition show from Netflix, where she showcased her amazing vocal talent in front of a worldwide audience.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Johnny Arreola of Los Palominos releases second Christian album ‘Nomás Un Camino Hay’
- Tejano Nation adds three new show affiliates in El Paso, New Orleans and D.C.
- JR Gomez signs with Baby Grand Records, readies sophomore album
- Netflix announces ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2 release date with latest trailer
- Magali Delarosa releases fourth album ‘Corazón Rebelde’