Jimencio shared details with Tejano Nation on why the duo chose this song to record. “We chose this one, mainly because of the story,” he said. “A lot of people can kind of relate to the story, especially in these times where people are kind of having to deal with separation and things like that and you know like unexpected separation during these times. Of course, we recorded this song even before this time.”
The singer added that the work ethic and powerful voice of Navaira inspired him while recording the collaboration.
“She just brought in a fire, she brought in her strength, she brought in her ability to sing and she just really, really laid it out, which inspired me to be even better on this song,” said Jimencio.
“The song turned out great,” he added. “I would never have done it with anybody else. I mean, she did just a fantastic job.”
“Acuérdate de Mí” was produced by Latin GRAMMY winner Lorenzo “Papo” Banda and mixed and mastered by Mariano Herrera at Legends Sound Studios of Freddie Records in Corpus Christi, Texas. The song is available at all digital music platforms and Jimencio plans to release a full album before the end of the year.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Bronco, La Serie’ Premieres March 11 in the U.S. on Pantaya
- Texas Governor Abbott Lifts Mask Mandate, Opens Texas 100 Percent
- ‘Cumbiaville’ album is ‘dream project’ for Marcus Daniels as he drops ‘Dime Amor’ music video
- Isabel Marie Sanchez celebrates 18th birthday as she readies fifth album
- Marcus Daniels on his love of Tejano culture, new album + more