The June 20 drive-in concert featuring Grupo Solido set to take place at the outside of Payne Arena in Hidalgo, Texas, was postponed indefinitely on Thursday due to a new city order that prohibits social gatherings of more than 10 people through July 6 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The city also enforced a curfew from 12am to 5am. Get more information on the city’s updated rules on their Facebook page.
Solido was to perform Saturday, June 20, 2020, as part of “Drive-In RGV,” a concert series that would have featured Texas country music artist Aaron Watson on Friday, June 19, and Solido the next day but the Payne Arena was closed by the city in a June 18 announcement.
According to the concert series’ website, organizers said ticket purchasers will be refunded and concerts will be rescheduled for a later date and different location. The organizers stress they are committed to bringing live music back to the Rio Grande Valley.
Solido is scheduled to perform with Intocable at a drive-in concert in Hockley, Texas outside of Houston on July 9 at the Showboat Drive-In. Tickets and information are available at GrupoIntocable.com.
Intocable performed a successful drive-in concert at the Payne Arena grounds on June 7, following their first drive-in concert in Poteet, Texas, on June 6.
Visit www.DriveinRGV.com for the latest updates on the drive-in concert series.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Jennifer Peña receives second marriage proposal from husband Obie Bermudez after ‘Asi Se Baila’ performance
- PATRÓN Tequila Celebrates the Traditions of Día de Muertos Through a Story of the Calavera Bee Narrated by Eugenio Derbez
- Mar García debuts new single and video ‘Quiero Volver’
- Abraham Quintanilla address those that feel he is profiting from his daughter’s death and announces new Selena album
- Biggest Accordion Shootout Finale in Tejano history planned at Conjunto Festival in Alice on Nov 12 & 13