Pitbull, Los Tucanes de Tijuana, A.B. Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Allstarz, Becky G and many more were recently announced as performers to honor late Latin music icon Selena during a special tribute concert at the Alamodome in San Antonio on May 9.
Pitbull couldn’t be more honored to pay tribute to the “Queen of Cumbia” at upcmoming Selena Quintanilla XXV-Veinticinco Años event.
“Selena is an icon, a legend and she forever lives with us,” he told Entertainment Tonight, before reflecting on Selena’s tragic death. “Sometimes those kind of things happen to give other opportunities to those that have also gone and touched the world.”
“So it’s a true honor and these kinds of moments, they’re priceless. Sometimes, you know, while you’re living them, it’s hard to recapture them. Once you go through with it, you sit back and you go, ‘Wow, what a moment.’ It’s truly an honor and I look forward to it,” he added.
SELENA XXV – VEINTICINCO AÑOS Tribute Concert is scheduled from 12:00 pm to 11:45pm, with doors opening at 11:00 am. For performance schedules and other concert information visit www.Selena25.com. Tickets range from $40-$200 and are on sale now through the Alamodome Box Office and http://www.ticketmaster.com.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Tejano All-Stars kickoff Official Latino Inaugural 2021 event with ‘America The Beautiful’ virtual performance
- Tejano All-Stars to join Official Latino Inaugural 2021: Inheritance, Resilience & Promise
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’
- Album Review: Liz Garcia matures into ‘Una Estrella’ with sophomore album
- Netflix reveals premiere date for ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2