Actress and singer Margaret Ann Garza was found dead of unknown causes in her Round Rock home early Tuesday morning.
Authorities said the 31-year-old Laredo native was found at her residence in the 1800 block of Mathers Mill Trail when officers responded around 6:30 a.m. to a call of a woman who was not breathing.
Garza, who was crowned Miss Texas Belleza Latina in 2007 and Miss Belleza Latina International in 2008, appeared in many Tejano music videos produced by filmmaker Ryan Bazan, who shared a video interview of Garza on his YouTube channel after learning of her death.
Bazan also produced the music video for Garza’s debut single “Herida De Amor” released in 2014.
Garza’s Internet Movie Database page shows she had several roles in independent films including Mercury Plains with Scott Eastwood and a role on the AMC show The Son, which stars Pierce Brosnan.
Garza’s death is under investigation and an autopsy is pending.
The family will receive condolences Friday at Joe Jackson North Funeral & Cremation Services, 1410 Jacaman Road in Laredo, Texas, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. A vigil and rosary will be recited at 7 p.m.
Funeral cortege will depart the chapel at 9 a.m. Saturday to St. Patrick Catholic Church, where a Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m.
Burial will follow at the Calvary Catholic Cemetery.
WATCH: “Herida De Amor” — Margaret
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Michael Salgado drops video teaser of upcoming country song ‘She Thinks My Name Is Whiskey’
- Adrian Gutierrez honors his parents 30th anniversary with a cover of ‘Y Sigues Siendo Tu’
- Nephew of Tejano icons Los Aguilares releases lead single in homage to family legacy
- EstrellaTV Brings the Sabor to Thursday Nights With ‘MasterChef Latinos’
- Mario Marichalar releases new single ‘Bella’ from upcoming album, shares latest on lawsuit over streaming royalties