Actress and singer Margaret Ann Garza was found dead of unknown causes in her Round Rock home early Tuesday morning.
Authorities said the 31-year-old Laredo native was found at her residence in the 1800 block of Mathers Mill Trail when officers responded around 6:30 a.m. to a call of a woman who was not breathing.
Garza, who was crowned Miss Texas Belleza Latina in 2007 and Miss Belleza Latina International in 2008, appeared in many Tejano music videos produced by filmmaker Ryan Bazan, who shared a video interview of Garza on his YouTube channel after learning of her death.
Bazan also produced the music video for Garza’s debut single “Herida De Amor” released in 2014.
Garza’s Internet Movie Database page shows she had several roles in independent films including Mercury Plains with Scott Eastwood and a role on the AMC show The Son, which stars Pierce Brosnan.
Garza’s death is under investigation and an autopsy is pending.
The family will receive condolences Friday at Joe Jackson North Funeral & Cremation Services, 1410 Jacaman Road in Laredo, Texas, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. A vigil and rosary will be recited at 7 p.m.
Funeral cortege will depart the chapel at 9 a.m. Saturday to St. Patrick Catholic Church, where a Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m.
Burial will follow at the Calvary Catholic Cemetery.
WATCH: “Herida De Amor” — Margaret
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration
- Award-winning radio personality Monica Peña joins Tejano Nation as contributor
- Liz Garcia pays tribute to late cousin with ‘Ay Javier’ music video
- Brenda Martinez Launches Sweet Sessories Online Boutique