TejanoNation.net is looking for new writers to join the team. If you’re a reader of the site already, you know that we cover all things Tejano.
We also think outside of the box, so if your favorite band or singer may dabble in another genre, you’ll find out about it right here. Music is our beat but if Oscar De La Rosa sounds off on a controversial issue or Stefani Montiel launches a new clothing line, we’re here to inform. This is where Tejano lives.
From new songs and videos to interviews with the artists in your playlist, we offer a wide-range of coverage to satisfy you — the fans. Plus, we’ve got music fans satisfied with the latest releases and the critics will have something to give their opinion on with our long form reads on the conversations happening within the culture.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, send a resume and links to at least three published writing clips to JMedina@TejanoNation.net. If we’re interested, we will get in touch. The writer position is a freelance opportunity.
Writer for TejanoNation.net
- Pitches and writes timely news stories
- Stays on top of artists/lifestyle brands social media pages like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine and Snapchat
- Understands the old school and new school of Tejano and Conjunto music
- Creates photo galleries
- Recognizes hot topics and conversations within the culture to create longform reads
- Available and willing to write during award shows outside of normal work hours
- Must have a passion for Tejano and Conjunto music and have knowledge about the artists (both new and old) in respective genres
- Must be a strong writer who produces clean copy
- Must have published writing samples related to music/culture/entertainment
- Must be detail-oriented and communicate effectively
- Prior experience with WordPress, Photoshop, SEO and social media highly preferred
- Must send a resume