This year’s Fiesta de la Flor presented by CITGO has an A-list line-up with so much talent that it’s hard to pick just a few jams.
RELATED: Fiesta De La Flor announces 2016 artist lineup, event details
From up-and-coming artists to true music legends — download these hit songs by the artists below and get ready to sing and dance your heart out at Fiesta de la Flor on May 6-7 in Corpus Christi.
- Isabel Marie Sanchez – This young star is the new girl in town and she is taking the music world by a storm. Her new CD properly dubbed “New Girl in Town” includes Tejano, cumbia and mariachi songs. While the CD isn’t on iTunes just yet, you can find her single “Dime Porque” which showcases her big vocals. You won’t believe she is only 13 years old!
- Clarissa Serna – We know her best through her recent performances on NBC’s The Voice (check out her rendition of The Cranberry’s hit song “Zombie” on iTunes), but Clarissa has been making headlines in the music world for years. Her iTunes pop hits “Patiently Waiting” and “Hold Your Hand” will have you tapping your toes. Those who attend Fiesta de la Flor 2016 may get a sneak peek/listen at some of her new songs as she prepares to release a new CD this summer.
- Pete Astudillo – The simple mention of Pete Astudillo’s name brings oh so many memories! He and Selena sang side by side for so many years and he co-wrote many of Selena’s hits such as “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom” and “Amor Prohibido.” Grab your tissues and listen to his hit tribute to Selena “Como te Extraño.” Wipe away those tears and dance to his cumbia “Porque Le Gusta Bailar” or grab your favorite dance partner and dance cheek-to-cheek to “Ganar o Perder.”
- Erick y Su Grupo Massore– You can bet that Friday night at Fiesta de la Flor will be hopping when Erick y Su Grupo Massore gets on stage. If you haven’t heard of these guys before do yourself a favor and download a few of the band’s hit songs. “Electrocumbia” and “La Cumbia de los Angry Birds” (a tribute to the video game) are just a few examples of the fun and hip sounds that this band will bring to Fiesta de la Flor. We guarantee you won’t be able to stop dancing.
- Ramon Ayala – Once Ramon Ayala’s accordion riffs interrupt the Friday night air you will know it’s time to grab yourself an adult beverage (or two) and prepare those vocal chords for a grito (or two) . “Tragos Amargos” will get you reminiscing about that lost love that stomped all over your heart, but don’t fret. Before you know it you will be singing about your new love with hits like “Rinconcito en el Cielo” and “Piquito de Oro.”
- Jorge Moreno – This cowboy not only has the good looks, he has the best of both the Tejano and Country music worlds. You’ll be hearing a little bit of Spanish and a little bit of English with this stud. Get your two-stepping done with “He’s Got You I’ve Got Mexico” (listen for the accordion sounds) or the familiar sounding “Luz de Luna” a new rendition of Brooks & Dunn’s “Neon Moon” with a Spanish twist.
- Chris Perez – When heartthrob Chris Perez walks on stage with his fabulous curls and adorable smile it will be time to grab the camera. Oh and don’t forget to download the lighter app on your cell phones for this one. Chris promises some awesome tunes at this year’s Fiesta de la Flor. But keep those tissues handy. You’ll need them when he plays his Grammy-Award winning hit “Best I Can” dedicated to Selena. #ChrisandSelenaForever
- David Lee Garza – Tejano music great David Lee Garza and his accordion will have you and your dance partner spinning on the festival grounds. Listen to his hit “Te Quiero, Te Amo,” a perfect mix of Tejano and Norteño music. Start practicing your cumbia moves with his popular “Tonta.”
- Elida Reyna y Avante – From rancheras to cumbias — Elida can sing them all. Her popular hits like ballad “Luna Llena” and ranchera “Duele” are just a few samples of this Tejano star’s vocal range. Her recent dance cumbia hit “Adicta” will be a welcome addition to your MP3 player.
- Ruben Ramos – There are legends, and then there are LEGENDS. Ruben Ramos, aka El Gato Negro, is a LEGEND. He comes from a music family dating back to World War I. Step back in time and revisit the classics like “Paloma Negra,” or “Oiga Comprade.” Get ready for his legendary performance at Fiesta de la Flor.
- Fito Olivares – When you hear the unmistakable sounds of a saxophone you’ll know that Fito Olivares is in the house! Get those toes tapping and get ready to dance the night away to cumbia after cumbia. Ready for some “Aguita de Melon?” Come on! Download a few of his songs so you that we can say that you “baila como Juana la Cubana.”
- La Mafia – When La Mafia hits the Fiesta de la Flor stage on Saturday get ready to fall in love with your significant other all over again. This band has too many romantic hits to name, but let’s start by swaying side to side and start singing the lyrics to “Me Estoy Enamorando,” and “Vida.”
0 comments on “2016 Fiesta De La Flor Playlist”