A slew of Tejano Nation journalists and photographers have been recognized for their commitment to sharing Tejano culture with nominations for the third annual Guadalupe Awards, presented by Guadalupe Productions.
The Guadalupe Awards have recognized the best in Tejano and Conjunto each year since 2019 including outstanding performers, songs, productions, and more.
Five Tejano Nation journalists ave been nominated for Journalist of the Year including Norma Jean Mendez (Jina Ink), Elisa Jaimez (Peaches), Juan Morin, John Henry Medina, and Mariaelena Villarreal, who also received a nomination for Photographer of the Year. That category also features Tejano Nation photo contributors Vic Gonzalez, Thomas Vasquez (Tommy Gunz), Ryan Bazan, Bobby Villela, Evelyn Vasquez, and David Munoz.
The nominations were announced with the release of the online voting ballot on August 25 for 35 categories. The categories include:
- Male Vocalist of the Year
- Female Vocalist of the Year
- Best Male Entertainer of the Year
- Best Female Entertainer of the Year
- Best Tejano Band of the Year
- New Male Artist of the Year
- New Female Artist of the Year
- Most Promising Male Entertainer of the Year
- Most Promising Female Enteratiner of the Year
- Most Promising Band of the Year
- Male Tejano Single of the Year
- Female Tejano Single of the Year
- Tejano Album of the Year
- Conjunto Single of the Year
- Conjunto Album of the Year
- New Conjunto Artist of the Year
- Conjunto Artist of the Year
- Conjunto Band of the Year
- Best Tejano Norteno Single of the Year
- Most Promising Tejano Norteno Artist of the Year
- Tejano Norteno Band of the Year
- Best Cumbia Single of the Year
- Cumbia Band of the Year
- Accordionist of the Year
- Guitarist/Bajo Sexto Player of the Year
- Bass Player of the Year
- Drummer of the Year
- Keyboardist of the Year
- Saxophonist of the Year
- Pioneer of the Year
The deadline to vote is September 20, 2021. Votes can be cast via a Google form. Winners will be announced during the 3rd annual Guadalupe Awards in Houston, Texas on November 20, 2021. Full event details will be released soon.
The qualifying eligibility period for submitted materials was from January 2020 through July 2021.
For breaking Tejano news follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel for exclusive artist interviews. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
Roger Velásquez and The Latin Legendz announce release date for new album ‘¡Buena Vibra!’
The Latin Grammy-winning artist and producer will release 8th studio album on March 24
Daniella Ramirez delivers ‘No Sabes De Mujeres’ official music video
The multiple-winning mariachi vocalist grand champion premieres the music video for latest single
Stefani Montiel saved by daughter from falling off stage during Tejano Music Awards Fan Fair performance
The Tejano superstar was saved from a possible fall off the stage during her performance on March 18.
0 comments on “Tejano Nation journalists and photographers receive nominations for third annual Guadalupe Awards”