Little Joe has been entertaining fans for more than 50 years and the music legend is putting his life and music career in a biographical book scheduled to be released on Wednesday, May 13.
“Excited to finally announce a project that has been in the works for the last two years,” Little Joe said in a statement on his official Facebook page on May 8.
The biographical book entitled ¡NO LLORE, CHINGÓN! An American Story: The Life of Little Joe was written by award-winning Texas author Emma Gonzalez.
Many authors have wanted to tell the story of the 79-year-old Chicano and Tejano music legend over the past 30 years but he felt the time wasn’t right until Gonzalez contacted him.
“Her life story is so similar to mine, grew up as migrant kids pickin’ and workin’ in the fields,” Little Joe said in an interview with Tejano Nation radio affiliate La Voz 93.3 FM in Abilene, Texas, last year. “I figured that she would be able to really deliver my message. I’m excited about it and we’ve got some great interviews from so many different people, all walks of life, musicians, politicians, and just all kinds of people and friends.”
¡NO LLORE, CHINGÓN! An American Story: The Life of Little Joe will be available at LittleJoeYFamilia.com and Amazon on Wednesday, May 13.
“I can’t wait to share this book with you all,” added Little Joe.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Shelly Lares shares her own Pride story and drops Pride single ‘Break Through’
- Get ‘Classy’ with Cristela Alonzo in her second Netflix comedy special
- The Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center Announces the 43rd CineFestival San Antonio on July 6-10
- Tejano Music Awards TV adds veteran radio and television personality Bonnie Hernández as co-host
- Grupo Fuerte returns with ‘Mucho Corazon’ single celebrating 25 years in Tejano