Jacob René has grown up surrounded by Tejano music all his life. Having both parents listening to music in the household helped to shape the musician he is now.
The Odessa, Texas native found a love for music at the age of three years old. Jacob René recalls going to church and singing on a regular basis. His fondest memory is when the choir was singing and he walked up to the choir and confidently started singing too. After that day he became part of the church choir.
Living in West Texas, Jacob started constructing his musical journey while listening to pop music like Christina Aguilera and Michael Jackson but always kept Tejano in the background. At the age of five, Jacob Rene started singing Tejano music. He had always felt that Tejano had actually chosen him.
The vocalist describes his style as classic and fresh.
Jacob René studied music at Odessa College and his talents include playing the piano and writing music. He would love to collaborate with Tejano music icon Shelly Lares one day. He admires “Little Miss Dynamite” for her hard work and the love she has in entertaining.
Jacob René is grateful for all the love and support for his debut single “Quiero Curarte.” Learn more about Jacob Rene on all digital social media platforms and JacobRene.com.
Listen to the full interview with Jacob René and Tejano Nation contributor DJ Peaches below.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- The Latin Breed signs with M Group Music, prepares to record a first-ever live album, and release new music
- Tejana influencer Melanie Mendez-Gonzalez announced as host of KLRN original series ¡SALUD! Season 2
- The Homeboyz celebrate life with new single and video ‘Mi Ultimo Dia’
- Jason Martinez announces departure from Grupo Vida & The Electric Cowboys
- Stevie D adds Rebecca Valadez to All-Star Cast as production of next album continues