Legendary Tejano singer and songwriter Humberto “Beto” Ramon lost his family home to a fire on Saturday night.
KIII-TV reports Ramon and his musician son, Beto Ramon Jr, were hosting a barbecue at their Corpus Christi, Texas home of 16 years when they smelled smoke that wasn’t coming from the grill. The son ran into the home and noticed his room was on fire and told everyone to get out of the house and call 9-1-1, while he tried to save their irreplaceable music productions stored on an external hard drive from their home studio.
“I might have lost the material things, but I have my son alive and well and I’m breathing so what else can I ask,” Beto Ramon Sr. told KIII-TV. “Everything else can be replaced.”
Firefighters believe the fire was started by an electrical spark, according to KIIITV.com.
A GoFundMe fundraiser has been created for Ramon and his son to rebuild their home and studio.
Beto Ramon is an award-winning singer and songwriter. He has written many hits songs for Tejano icons, including Jimmy Gonzalez and Mazz, Laura Canales, Ramon Ayala, Jay Perez, Gary Hobbs, and Ram Herrera to name a few.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Tejano Bluesman Joe Villanueva premieres ‘Tas Loca Baby’ official music video ft. Demmi Garcia
- Gabriella Salazar blends eclectic sounds with beautiful vocals for debut album ‘Concepto Rosa’
- Perrier Launches Limited-Edition Can Inspired by Día de Los Muertos
- Jennifer Peña receives second marriage proposal from husband Obie Bermudez after ‘Asi Se Baila’ performance
- PATRÓN Tequila Celebrates the Traditions of Día de Muertos Through a Story of the Calavera Bee Narrated by Eugenio Derbez